6 speed teardown

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: 6 speed teardown
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 06:44:29 -0500
Well woke up early and went out and snatched the trans outta the car...

Didn't find any teeth in the bottom.... and the cluster shaft feels fine....
the hitch in it's gitty up seems to be in the aft portion of the main
shaft...  All the bearings feel okay so far and the syncro's don't appear
damaged on casual inspection.... guess I need to strip the main shaft and
see if it's bent...  sure hope I find something when I take it apart...
cause I would hate to thing that this thing can't take the Torque of a
decent 350....

I just can't believe that a T-10 could be better at handling the power then
the ROD 6 speed...( the rating is much higher on the ROD ). but I guess all
things are possible....

Keith