Re: Bent Deuce Front axles and U

To: "ardunbill" <ardunbill@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: Bent Deuce Front axles and U
From: "JOHN BACKUS" <34ford@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 23:49:22 -0400
Doug, one thing I do remember, do not heat the axle to bend it. You could
probably use a hydraulic press and a flat steel table (for checking
straightness) to get it back to "real close" which is about as good as most
are anyway. We just came in from working on deuce no. 2 and it has a P&J front
axle- dropped 2". Beam non-plated axles are cheep. Maybe a good idea. Then
again, you could install it backwards and hit another curb straight on at 10

John