Re: Bent Deuce Front axles and U

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Bent Deuce Front axles and U
From: "Jonathan Amo" <webmaster@landracing.com>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 23:14:42 -0600
mayf,

Here is my thought. every winter I get bunches of curb shot vehicles in the
shop.
The slightest impact can make a huge difference in how the vehicle is aligned. I
get them in saying I hit the curb doing 10-15 mph. And usually when they say
they
hit a curb at 10-15 mph then the probably actually hit it at 30 mph. And when it
goes on the machine its .75 - 1.25 degrees off in the toe angle with nothing
bent. Now if something is actually bent it would be common that the angles are
so
far out that it would be impossible to align correctly without causing a problem
somewhere else..  Tie Rod ends only travel so far, it aint going to happen.

Jonathan Amo (who's just a yougin and waiting to be scolded by the elders)