Dave & Hot Rod Mag.

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dave & Hot Rod Mag.
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 01:31:21 -0700
Hi Everybody,
First chance I had to catch up on my mail.
My complements to all the dedicated volunteers that put on an excellent run
this past week! You Guys and Girls are Great!

I just wanted to comment on Keith's note about Dave Freiburger from Hot Rod.
Once I talked with him, I too was pleasantly surprised with Dave's outlook on
what racing is all about. I don't hand off my ride lightly, but I saw the
disappointment in Dave and his trip to Maxton. Even though the T'Bird was not
up to the Two mark this weekend, I thought it "right" to turn it over to dave.
I was not sorry, He did an outstanding job his first time up. Yes, the chute
didn't open and yes, he handled it professionally (at 188 MPH) He's got what
it takes to make the Two club and I hope his interest in Landspeed Racing
blossoms.

For those interested, my problem with the 'Bird was, the hydraulic line to the
clutch rested up against the headers, boiled the fluid on Dave's second run,
causing the clutch to disengage and eventually come apart. No problem though,
I know this really neat used parts house in Huntersville, NC. I think it's
called MuscleMotorSports (or something like that) They have plenty of
replacement Tilton & Quartermaster parts at really low prices.

BTW, I will get above Two the next run!

See ya all,
grib