RE: Potvin blower

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Potvin blower
From: Skip Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 17:32:57 -0500
Trailers.....%#@*&

List,
I ran a 6-71 Potvin unit at the drags for years. It had as much boost as
any top mount I have used. 1:1 is a simple chain coupler and overdrive was
spur gear to gear at 10%, 25% (I think) or 33%. I used the 33% for over a
year and if I had checked the end bearings in the blower, it would still be
running....alas I didn't and the bearing failed and "BOOM". Changes made to
the Potvin design were to make a plenum by welding a box between the log
manifolds and later we added a third tube. The third tube stabilized the
mixture control problems we had. "We" is Cagle and me.
The only drawback is don't try to run over 50% Nitro.....more Booming! Just
doesn't want to work...I don't know why.
Skip H