RE: Lurker - New Spectator

To: "RC JONES" <rc_jones99@yahoo.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Lurker - New Spectator
From: "Steve Pitt" <steve@seattleconstructioninc.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 12:25:58 -0700
RC,
Greetings from a fellow Seattle-ite.  I'm a semi-lurker, race fan/spectator,
no racing, lurker mainly 'cause I' don't understand what is being discussed
most of the time and regardless of what Keith says, feel stupid asking
stupid questions.  I went to Bonneville for the first time, World of Speed
2000 and had a really great time.  I will be back this year.  It is
definitely a fascinating form of racing.  I was in LA at school in '63-'64,
hung around Lions and San Fernando (should have spent it hitting the books).
I have a friend who did a little Speedway racing in S Cal during the mid
80's.  He lives here now, also.  Your Speedway site is great.
I had the opportunity to meet a few of the people on this list when I was at
Bonneville.  They are really a great bunch and some really savvy car
builders and racers.  In 30+ years hanging around race tracks, I don't think
I've ever met a more friendly bunch.  Like being back in the 60's.

Regards, Steve Pitt