tires

To: "land- Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: tires
From: "Rose & Terry Hunt" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 21:49:01 +1000
I ran Goodyear(Bonneville) Talidagas. Sort of a beefier stock car tire. !5
inch rim and wide. I too experienced wheel spin in 1st and second, wandering
in 3rd and decent in 4th gear. I changed to Mickey Thompson 9.00-18's
,Bonnevilles. The course at BV last year was very good and may account for
straight runs, I think the new tires worked very good. Not loose in 1 and 2,
not wadering when over 150mph. The larger rim makes for a short,stiff sidewall
which I think resists flexing. Also, the narrower tire puts more pounds per
sq. inch on the contact patch. The cars handling was way better in 2000. The
old guys were right about narrow tires for landspeed racing.     Terry Hunt,
Guam Bomb, #743