I just read this, think the handwriting is on the wall for us

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: I just read this, think the handwriting is on the wall for us
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 15:33:19 EDT
     GET READY FOR THREE-DOLLAR-A-GALLON GASOLINE
With some cities seeing $2-a-gallon gas, some analysts say
that gas at $3-a-gallon can't be far behind. Anyone who has
ever visited other countries comes home realizing what a
bargain gasoline is in the States. Well, according to the
industry publication COMTEX, America may soon be playing
catch up. The main reason that gas may see an incredible
rise in its pricing is dwindling inventories. On the west
coast, where last year prices in excess of $2.30 per gallon
in San Diego and San Francisco prompted calls for
regulatory oversight, many refiners point to accidents at
production centers. At least one refiner now says that if
California has rolling power blackouts this summer
refineries may have to limit their operating hours to
protect their equipment, further adding to gas prices.