Re: Spiral lock tool

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spiral lock tool
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 20:54:17 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/2001 2:26:28 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jdincau@qnet.com writes:

> Hi all,
> I remember seeing a neat tool for removing spiral locks from pistons. Who
> makes it?
> Jim in Palmdale, used to pistons with pin buttons

Jim,
       I've been using spiral-locks for years but never knew of a removal
tool other than a sharp scribe or a small blade screwdriver.
       Ross will machine little removal detents on new pistons if they're
ordered that way. Makes removal lots better.
       For existing pistons take a die grinder with the smallest burr you can
get (1/8" or smaller) and grind a little pocket next to the pin lock groove,
just enough to allow you to get something under the lock.............Ardun
Doug King