What's up in YOUR shop?

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's up in YOUR shop?
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 20:51:10 -0700
So here's what's up in the Muscle Shop,

T'Bird's up on the lift, engine's out, did leak down test and 3 cyl's are
worse than 20% so this engine's not going back in the Bird. (surprised it
did 197mph) I'm looking at my options for the power plant.
( a new 13.5 to 1 Cup Motor maybe possible)

Also, clutch was history but I've got another one on the shelf.
(nice to have a used parts business)

The new T-101 Tranny is off to a buddy to rebuild, going with  250 1st,
160(+/-) 2nd and 129 3rd gears. He has some lightened gears we plan on
using. This tranny is really nice, rolls smooth and easy.

New 3.0 rear gear is in (w/locker) but I'll bring the 2.75 with me. Found
some secret gear/tranny lube to use.

Got a new lighter drive shaft and will have it ready to go when engine goes
in.
Should have the 27.5" x 12" tires in the shop.

Did all the mod's that the @#$%^ tech inspector (Brad) said I had to. (Boy
am I going to look over his new ride)

Trying to find a set of Tri-Y's headers but no luck so far, guess I'll run
what I have.

Bought new twin 12 gal fuel cells and the BIG Holly 500 GPH pump (weighs
about 20 lbs) so I can run alky and gas. Plan is to do away with the
mechanical
engine mounted pump and run the electric, with the ability to switch pump
intake from either cell. Then all I'll have to do is switch carbs.
Got an 830+ alky carb ready to go.

Figure if I work on it every night till midnight I'll be ready.
But I'll be ready!
Grib