The new roadster

To: "Land Speed List" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: The new roadster
From: "Brad Johnson" <bradjohnson@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 22:07:35 -0500
List,
    As some of you know, I've been working on a Firebird for the last year.
But, it was always a compromise, since my dream was a street roadster.
After racing for the last year with Keith, I realized that the amount of
time, work and money demands that I do what I really want, rather than
something in the middle.  So, I took two weeks leave, and went to Joe
Timney's Delaware Chassis Works to help build my dream.  We  worked some
very long hours, and I learned a ton of things about chassis building.  (Joe
is really good at what he does!)  The car is still in Delaware, as it is
only about 40% done.  As many of you know, when he is "done", the real work
begins.  I'll be done when I'm done.  I just don't have a time table yet.
The car is designed to be innovative, and hopefully fast.  We shall see.
The great salt dyno tells the tale!   Brad