Bonneville

To: "Scott Cowle" <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonneville
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 09:51:15 -0400
Scott

200 MPH is do-able, but I have several suggestions: 1) Get an SCTA rule book
and read it over carefully. Since your going to play in their sand box you
need to be aware of any differences between the two organizations. 2) Pick
your class and build for that class. Even if your not expecting to set a
record. 3) Lower the car a bunch. In your case 6" to 8". I know that won't
be easy, but it will improve your stability tremendously, which will be
important on the salt.  4) Gearing is going to be very different between
Bonneville, Maxton and the street so another rear may be in order (I'd
recommend a quickchange).

John Beckett