RE: Paul Chism

To: "'Keith Turk'" <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Paul Chism
From: "Pope, Jeff" <Jeff.Pope@HSV.Boeing.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 08:40:26 -0500
Keith,
I am saddened to hear about this.

When I went over to see and meet Paul a few years back he was very friendly
and excited about his car and the land speed racing. He showed a friend and
me his shop, motors and car. Everything was displayed and he answered any
questions we had.

It was an enjoyable visit for a couple of gearheads. It was my first look at
a LSR car and I was particularly pumped up about the turbochargers.

Paul was eager to share information and experiences with two people he had
never met before. I got the impression he had never met a stranger and was
friendly to everyone. I had anticipated getting together with him in the
future to discuss the LSR deal.

I am truly sorry for you, his family and friends.

Jeff

----------------

Paul Passed away last night.... just wanted to share that...  I don't know
much more then that .... Except he took his own life....

Paul owned the #415 Jaguar XJS that held the BB/GC record on the salt with
Oz Cheek driving and currently has 5 records at Maxton with me driving...
Paul put both Oz and I our respective Two Clubs....

Paul was also a personal mentor to me in the business world... I have called
him often just to chat about business.  Rarely if ever did we talk about the
Jag.... I am going to miss him .... more importantly right this minute as I
write this I am pissed off at him.... for not calling me and chatting about
any problem he had that was this bad....

Money can't buy you happiness... that much Paul has just taught me...

Keith ( Life is grand .... but if it isn't ... I am only a phone call
away.... and I can make Grouchy Laugh.... trust me...) Ps I am in the Phone
book.... if you forget my number.... 334 347 6566