Fw: classic category

To: "land-speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: classic category
From: "Rose & Terry Hunt" <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 11:16:29 +1000
----- Original Message -----
From: Rose & Terry Hunt
To: dwarner@electrorent.com
Cc: landracing@autox.team.net
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 11:11 AM

----- Original Message -----
From: Rose & Terry Hunt
To: res04rgq@verizon.com
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 9:24 AM
Subject: classic category

Dan, I received a copy of the "Classic Category" proposal. I have a few
comments. Page 2 has a sentence stating the once in the "Classic category the
vehicle must remain in that status forever. That seems a little extreme. I
thought it reasonable that a change to EFI for a car 1949 to 1981 would put it
in the Modified category. Second concern: If a car is running in "Classic"
category as an Altered and since there is no "Classic" Competition coupe
class, it seems like it should be OK for the the same car to run Modified
Competion coupe, assuming it meets the requirements of the "Modified category,
CC class. The rest of the proposal seems reasonable to me and I hope the Board
will approve it in June. I know there are many owners of cars out there from
this era. Lets be respectful of everyones interests, be it 4 bangers,
flatheads, roadsters, or dynosaurs.  Sincerely, Terry Hunt, Gold Coast
member.