Another loss

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Another loss
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 22:24:22 EDT
Just thought I would let those of you who don't already know that Tom Eiden,
the Sidewinder president and long time land speed racer, has passed. He went
to sleep forever Wednesday night, comfortably I might add which was what he
wished.

Oh, how we will miss him, yet we are so glad that we were able to know him.
As my dad said tonight, "Well, you know he is already up there joining a
reunion with Kong [Jackson] and those old timers."

There will be a memorial service after the course inspection at the June El
Mirage meet.

God speed!