REAR ENGINE IN MODIFIED SPORTS CLASS LSR CAR

To: MPittwood@compuserve.com
Subject: REAR ENGINE IN MODIFIED SPORTS CLASS LSR CAR
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:56:41 EDT
        Welcome back, Malcolm ...... Could you possibly be a little more
specific than "the standard vehicle" ?  The way I see it is DRAG racing
cars MUST have a bias towards the rear in their front / rear weight
distribution, especially if they have a high power to weight ratio, but
land speed cars do NOT need to be rear end heavy ..... in fact it seems
most classes tend to be front end heavy, except lakester and modified
roadster.  I believe we discussed this all at length a little while back
       Bear in mind that a dart thrown BACKWARD at the dartboard will
REVERSE itself in flight to stabilize itself with the heavy end FORWARD .
       The laws of physics are "always on the job " on, above, and beneath
the surface of Our Mother Earth ....... GRAVITY is one good example .
       I do know that we could have utilized considerably MORE weight,
BOTH in the FRONT and rear, of our fuel altered at last year' s
Speedweek, especially on the run that followed our fastest run .......
                 an exciting lesson WELL learned !!!
       This is an interesting subject with various divergent viewpoints .
               Bruce
       The Dad of the team .....
Black Radon Engineering  939 B / BFALT