Maxton

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 00:02:34 -0500
Well Just got home.... and again the ECTA did a wonderful job of putting on
the meet...   for me personally it was about the most fun I have ever had
racing the car.... just a great weekend with good friends....

I didn't write much before I left as the trans cases were still split Wed.
night at 7:30...  Brad dropped by and we bolted it all back together stuck
it in the car and by midnight.... woke up Thrusday morning at 4am and got
the thing all hooked up.... did my work thing till noon and came home fired
it up.... and stuck it in the trailer and off we went to Maxton....

Had some minor issues with a pin breaking in the six speed but .. it was one
of those Easy fixes.... snatched the shifter ... pulled this pin outta the
gates and away we went....  Just had a Blast.... Brad got in three passes on
Saturday and I got in one..... then We did the unthinkable.... and I gotta
tell ya this deserves it's own E-mail ..... we let Jim Cannon Drive the
car... as well as Bill Bennett got another Pass in it.... Bill had been
there before... But JIM is a Scooter guy.... and for those of you who don't
know him.... Jim simply ain't Right.... ( A classic left brain thinker....
sorta )  Anyway Jim did a great job and had a Ball....as did Bill....

Jim then gave me the key's to a Buell.... and I gotta a couple of passes on
a Bike.... Singular conclusion for all you scooter guys on the list....
YOUR NUTS.... PERIOD!!!!  What a riot... and you can have it.... Give me
four wheels anytime.....

Keith ( Ps... Jim.... Next time ya might want to ask the guy if he has ever
ridden a bike before.... oh... yeah... and BUCKWHEAT.... YOU don't SHIFT A
CAR WITH YOUR FOOT.... quit kicking the shifter... it don't help!!! )