MAXTON

To: "List Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: MAXTON
From: "JAMES CANNON" <dr.piston@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 15:30:37 -0400
List;
    For those of you that missed it you missed an absolute blast. I've had
this much fun before but it required removing my clothes.
If youhave any questions about Mr. Turks sanity HE"S NOT. I'm glad of it
though it got me a ride in a very nice piece of equipment.
    When Kieth said something about putting me in the car I thought he had
lost his mind, I didn't want to point that out at the time, I coudn't believe
it tried to stay calm and got ready to go. Kieth,Brad,& Bill checked me out in
the car and gave me my instructions, towed the car to the starting line and
wow I knew I had arrived !!! I got to wear the PURPLE FIRE SUIT (almost as
good as getting to drive the car) they strapped me in, pushed me to the
starting line. When David gave me the flag I couldn't find first. Seconds
later it was in and down the track I went. I had 6 speeds to work with but
managed to only use 5 I didn't miss it though then entering the lights I
pulled the chute and waited on the hit.
    The car did exactly what Kieth and Brad said it would extremely smooth
ride and soft chute deployment. The only suprise other than getting to drive
the car was the dogleg in the long shutdown, it's a whole lot sharper in a car
than on a bike or maybe the bikes being lighter slow quicker. Anyhow Thanks
again Kieth and what a ride.

               Jim (future car guy?) From Salem VA