Re: 175 New Photos

To: webmaster@landracing.com, speedtimer@charter.net
Subject: Re: 175 New Photos
From: "tim cunha" <tfc1932@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 13:19:09 -0700
I have a question for the list. now i am putting together a street roadster
and i am wondering about the rules and rear fenders. some say u have to have
them on. they can be bobbed to the bottom of the body. it does not say u
have to have them. fenders are not on the list of required items and it is
not on the list of optional items. front fenders are on the list of options.
i notice most str have them on. there seems to not be a rule regarding rear
fenders. any help here. or am i missing something (which i do very often). I
also wanted to know about fire suits. if a suit is 5 years old and in very
good shape with a /20 cert from simpson, will this still be considered a /20
suit. i know of someone who brought a /20 for recert and they lowered it to
a /10.  what will happen if i show up at the lakes with a used /20 suit that
is a few years old? also if u are aiming for a potential >175 mph run at a
later date, but at the time of licensing runs u are suited up for speeds
under 175 what are they going to say?