Re: Street Roadster Rules

To: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Roadster Rules
From: "tim cunha" <tfc1932@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 17:18:01 -0700
i am not trying to find a loop hole or a problem in the rules. I just
happend to find one and am puzzled by it.  i dont believe that because
something has been done a certain way that it always has to be done that
way. The wording is vague. If the rules do not say they have to be there, i
am not going to use them. If the rules said that all street roadsters have
to have rear fenders, then that is another story. that is all there is to
it. I know it may be a bad start for my first time out, but what the heck. u
cant say that we are a bunch of conformists now can  you? I want to be able
to question the rules without people getting upset angry or black balling
me. I want a conversation and i challenge the wording in the rule book. is
that not my right and responsibility as a racer (or wanna be racer). The
fact that i question a rule, post it on the web site for discussion will not
slow the construction of my car. And if not for loopholes or reading between
the lines, making challenges, asking a few questtions (Question Authority),
where would all of us be?  This is not for fighting. i have bigger things to
fight. i find it very curious the rationale that people have taken regarding
a tradition? rule? i have read the rule books for only 3 years now and have
noticed the same wording. Some of u must have a collection of rule books.
look it up and find out where it was deleted.  just for the sake of
argument. and for the sake of an argument that may develop, i think i will
take it up with the rules committee, or whom ever. Just because... that is
what we do in america! No disrescpect to all of the seasoned and experienced
racers, in fact i thank you for all of the feedback and i am glad i raised a
few hairs. even over something as minor as rear fenders on a roadster.