FENDERS on SCTA Street Roadsters : Don' t leave home WITHOUT '

To: Want1937hd@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: FENDERS on SCTA Street Roadsters : Don' t leave home WITHOUT '
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 22:25:10 EDT
        Hey Bob,  WINGS  ?  I don' t think I ever heard them called that !
But I do recall them being called  MUD GUARDS  ...... That must have
been a term from the era of dirt roads, dusters, and goggles ( and TWO
spare tires on the rear ! )
        Remember back when the Nascar Modifieds had the front fenders
trimmed down to a size smaller than a short motorcycle fender ......
back when port injected big blocks on alky were the standard set up ?
        Thanks for the terminology !    Remember that those " panel
beaters " sometimes crafted a bonnet or boot out of  " aluminIUM " .......
the same metal we call aluminum .......
                   but then :  What's in a Name ???
        Bruce