Re: Leak Down Check

To: rgribble <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Leak Down Check
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 09:54:35 -0600
Keith, you really need to fire up the motor, then
check leak down, not necessarily warm or hot
The seats develop surface "grundge" after the
motor has been sitting, enhanced by byproducts
from the combustion process, this surface rustlike
junk that is most often barely even perceptible to the naked
eye can and does allow air to pass, and often simply running the
motor or turning it over a few times makes a distinct difference
in back to back leak downs, try it sometime to appease yourself
I have noticed some horrendous compression checks and leak down
at Bonneville after the motor has set sometimes not very long, and then
immediately after that starting it, and rechecking, seems that the salty air
makes this worse, just my guess

Joe :)