Classic Category

To: "land speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Classic Category
From: "Dan" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 06:19:34 -0700
Attached please find the rules and proposed records for the new Classic =
Category.

This category will be in effect beginning with the 2002 racing season. =
There will be no modifications to the rules package until the first year =
of competition has been completed.

The records may be upped during the 2001 season if someone breaks a =
record as listed in the 2001 rulebook with a vehicle which will fit into =
the new category. Only records which now exist can be broken, no records =
can be set in anticipation of the category being in place for 2002.

At the end of the 2002 season a survey will be taken as to the number of =
entries and the rules package. A report will be given to the SCTA board =
for review. Dave Bloomberg, "the Avanti Kid", will become a co-chairman =
of the Coupe & sedan committee assisting Bobby Sykes Jr. with the new =
category. Dave & I will attempt to vist everyone at Speed Week to assess =
their interest in the category.

I would like to thank the committee members, the SCTA board and everyone =
who contributed to the creation of this category. I, for one, think the =
time has come for the addition of this category which I hope will bring =
out some old cars, some new cars, and renew interest of our entrants.

Dan Warner
Don't ask me to champion any more causes, I don't have that much hair =
left!

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a name
of classic.rev2.doc]

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/vnd]