Re: Many Thanks and More Lexan....

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Many Thanks and More Lexan....
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 07:54:06 -0700
List,
For your info, our car went upside-down, actually over two times. The
top was gone (in four pieces) the Lexan in the doors and rear window are
still being used in the car, the windshield has been replaced because of
normal scratching (it was not damaged in the crash. Both doors remained
closed although they lost the outer skin. We use late model design
latches that grip like a claw. Remember these are suicide doors. I have
considered ways of securing the doors with auxiliary means, but don't
really think that it is necessary. What ever you would do in this area
would necessarily need to be accessible from outside the car.

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/GCC