Re: Goodyear racing tires

To: "Gene Halvorson" <ghalvorson@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Goodyear racing tires
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:29:23 -0400
Gene

Bruce can probably give more specifics on the Black Radon Firebird, but I
can tell you he spun out. He was running Goodyear NASCAR
Daytona's/Talladega's, as I have, and on the salt they have had a mixed
review. Some guys have gone fast (I know two examples where they have run
over 260 MPH) and some have spun out, but I have seen lots of guys spin
regardless of the tire they were running.

Personally I don't think it's a bad tire for Bonneville, but would benefit
greatly from some tread. Having tried both styles (fat vs skinny) I don't
think there is a rolling resistance problem at all.

John