Fw: Tires

To: "Land-speed Racers" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Tires
From: "Marge and/or Dave Thomssen" <mdthom@radiks.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:30:07 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: Marge and/or Dave Thomssen <mdthom@radiks.net>
To: Rose & Terry Hunt <hunt@Kuentos.guam.net>
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 7:03 PM
Subject: Re: Tires

The narrow tire, high psi, good traction on wet salt was pretty much figured
out by 1950 and firestone made Bonneville tires then which were pretty much
like the MT's of today,only different sized.  I don't see how rubber
softener would help on the wet surface, and if the salt gets dry and
abrasive, it is worse than concrete for wear.

Dave the Hayseed