Re: AIRSTRIPS FOR DRAGS & AIRPLANES / OTHER RAMBLINGS

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: AIRSTRIPS FOR DRAGS & AIRPLANES / OTHER RAMBLINGS
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:46:40 -0700
Hi Bruce,
      You will like the article in this months Rod and Custom about the Yakel
Cadillac racing team lots of old timers in the team picture. The blimp hangars
are at Tustin which was recently decommissioned as a USMC helicopter facility.
I believe they got the big  hangar, one of the two remaining on the coast,
designated an historical landmark and it may be saved. Santa Anna airport is
the one that is now called John Wane. I am not sure that racing was any less
expensive then, It cost me all I had then and it costs me all I have now.