Recent Black Radon Eng. changes by Darrell on Left Coast

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Recent Black Radon Eng. changes by Darrell on Left Coast
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:12:04 EDT
Subj:     RE: NEW " SALT TALKS " T-Shirts available soon ......
Date:     6/14/01 12:17:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time
From:    dfergus@attws-sf.com (Ferguson, Darrell)
To:    FastmetalBDF@aol.com ('FastmetalBDF@aol.com')

Cool!

    Got the new Mickey Thompson Experimental Land Speed tires today,
just waiting for the wheels from Ken Huff. Putting the new Merlin together,
sprayed the block with Imron, getting ready to drop in the crank. In
addition to lowering the compression for use with heavier loads of Nitro,
I'm cleaning up the high spots on the pistons to eliminate any
pre-detonation. With the adjustments for this year the car should run in the
275mph range. I'm also helping Dave out with his car. At this point we're
waiting on the fuel pump (43 gallons per minute) and we're getting ready for
the division race the 29th. Other than that, I'm trying to buy a trailer -
32 ft enclosed 3 axle.

Darrell Ferguson
Lead RF Field Engineer
Network Operations FSA 8