Re: Lenco trans for LSR?

To: "David Freiburger" <FreiburD@emapUSA.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lenco trans for LSR?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:48:14 -0500
Hey Buckwheat...... Welcome to the list.... First time outta the box and he
is bagging on me..... Dave your going to fit in just fine.... ( just what I
need )

The List archives on Various subjects are a wealth of knowledge and can be
found at www.listquest.com ....

For those of you who don't know who Dave is... he is the BRAND NEW editor
of Hot Rod Magazine.... and a fairly nice guy..... ( I could drop the
fairly... but it's just to easy )

Again welcome to the list.... Looking forward to your imput....

Keith
----------
> From: David Freiburger <FreiburD@emapUSA.com>
> To: land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Lenco trans for LSR?
> Date: Friday, June 15, 2001 2:26 PM
>
> I've been copied on some messages from the list for a while, but now I've
officially signed up at my direct e-mail address rather than through Rod &
Custom.

> Anyway, here's the deal. Keith Turk and I have been back and forth on
this one, so what do you think: is a Lenco appropriate for LSR? You can put
together a five or six-speed with nearly any combination of ratios. I say
that the instant, cluchless shifting will save valuable ground. Keith
thinks the rotating mass of all those planetaries could suck too much
power. I'm thinking of using one in a '79 Trans Am with a big-block for
A/GC, A/GALT, and A/FALT.