Re: Torque Converter Slippage

To: Skip & Joyce Higginbotham <saltrat@pro-blend.com>
Subject: Re: Torque Converter Slippage
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 17:10:26 +0000
Having just replaced my fifth converter in 243,000 miles, I wish GM had built a
better mousetrap. The new one I have is a custom using the Buick turbo style
hub,
the brand new carbon fibre disc and every trick in the book to get it strong.
The
trans was rebuilt using aftermarket shift modulators. We did everything we could
to increase the line pressure if the convertor slips, even once, the shitty disc
in the convertor will warp. The down side to these mods is that the trans shifts
very hard into second but at least I know it won't slip and heat up the disc.

joe ( too cheap to buy a new truck...to broke besides)