Re: Fw: Fw: Hilborn v. carbs

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Fw: Hilborn v. carbs
From: William T Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 05:41:20 -0600 (MDT)
Dave, I realize it a small correction, Its just a blank
I can fill in on the Speed-Pro. I will be intrested to
hear whant you find out about the bike carbs and how
the compensate for density change. wmts

Quoting Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>:

> have you ever looked at the corrections for humidity?
the range of them i
> mean...
> Trust me on this it is a waste of time to get
concerned about. generally
> when
> someone attributes a power change due to humidity it
is because they see a
> little mist in the air and attribute the power gain
or loss to that. Well
> what
> they saw was the result of a change in baro or air
temp and the dew point
> changed so they could see the water in the air. get a
good physics book and
> play
> with the math a bit..
> Dave
>
> William T Smith wrote:
> >
> > If the rod was attached to a aneroid drum like in a
> > barometer then it could move the tapered needle in
or
> > out as dictated by pressure altitude.  But how
would it
> > handle humitity changes? On my Speed Pro EFI we
have to
> > enter the humitity--it compensates for the rest.
> >
> > Quoting Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>:
> >
> > > I will call them on monday i have got to know how
> > this works ..
> > > Dave

> > require
and do