Re: Fw: Fw: Hilborn v. carbs

To: Dave Dahlgren <ddahlgren@snet.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Fw: Hilborn v. carbs
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:26:56 -0600
Dave,  interestingly though all the earlier
versions 1960's to about 1998 or so DONT
have the adjustable "power jets", and most feel
that they compensate very well.  It is my assessment
that among the only ones that found a need for the power
jet is the prostock guys, who do MUCH more R&D than
the other classes, closer to what you do. Meaning that they may try
to pinch the perfect air fuel ratio closer than most racers as they have almost
the
only
Corporate backing, and therefore evolved the adjustable feature on the newer
Lectron.

Royce McClintick a record setter at El Mirage had great success with
the regular Lectrons, got the newer style and promptly melted parts, I believe
he will be relying on the inherent natural compensating features of the Lectron
instead of attempting to better it without the resources of a Pro-Stock
team.

 Anyway for most of the racers out there, once set they are done,
most have the version like mine with no jets.  Many national record holders
travel the circuit and rejoice in the natural self compensating features
that these carbs offer with respect to changes in air.

But, most of the racers I speak of dont have stuff
racing at the 24 hr of LeMan.   How did your work
do out there this year?? Many of us checked in periodically
to the race, would have been great to know which cars
your handiwork was on!!!!!

By the way, did you have any stuff racing at Pikes Peak,
I saw that Mr. Millen was running a potent turboed 4 cylinder
making over 1000hp according to the commentators.

Joe :)