Dyno Time....

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dyno Time....
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 04:34:51 -0500
I think Paul Vanderley was the one who said..... "Okay Keith the Pull is
over you can Breath NOW" ....  I was trying to back out of the control room
as he ran the thing..... wow.... he took it to 9200rpm and it ran like a
top.... Rich and a bit to much timing.... but we were just doing the initial
Pull.  in other words we haven't played with it at all..... just did a bit
of break in.... ran the valve's and checked the Plugs.... then did the one
Pull.

Paul's wife was on his butt..... he had all his family there and they were
waiting to drag him off for the weekend..... We get to do a bit of tuning on
Monday....

Initial Numbers were okay.... nothing startling.... 570hp @ 8500 rpm with Hp
and Torque that are nice from 5000 all the way to 9000 rpm....

Paul felt real comfortable that we could find some more HP on Monday.... so
I am tickled with the results for now..... it's enough.... but Just
enough...I'd like to have another 50hp but it might not be there.... who
know's....

Sure was nice to hear it run finally..... even if it was on a dyno..... K