Maxton Meet

To: Land-speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maxton Meet
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 08:55:53 +0000
Just got off the phone with Sam Samson. Sam and some of the team, The
Maine Barons, will be at my shop on Wednesday for a pre-tech inspection
and follow me to Maxton on Thursday. The Maine Barons Race Team is a
group of people ( last count, I think numbered about 40) who formed to
help Sam build his dream ride, a '34 Ford Comp Coupe, which uses a
Rod-n-Race Pierson look-a-like body. . He plans on attending Bonneville
this year to fulfill his life long dream of competing 'On The Salt'. Sam
has had his HotRod at B-ville in '98 I think. Some of you will remember
it , a 34 called 'SHE BAD', chopped, louvered,flamed and Moon discs. Sam
is quite the character, the self proclaimed "The Original Hot Rod
Junkie" sells Special Hot Rod plaques, "FTF" with stands for 'Forget the
fenders'. Looking forward to having the Maine group down South!

Gary and Ellen Wilkerson will also be at Maxton, with the USFRA's new
timing system. They will be testing the new system and trying some of
the "Southern Hospitality" that comes with the Maxton Experience! I
think they will like the Concrete as it doesn't require washing off!!!

Hey Bruce Ferguson, When are you coming down to Maxton???

joe