Re: Gear selection challange

To: "Land speed newsgroup" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gear selection challange
From: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:16:30 -0400
Keith

This is all based on 8600 RPM.

1) Run the 3.25 gear with 28" tire in 5th for 221 MPH in D/GALT. Pop it into
6th to run 242 MPH with nitrous for D/FALT.

2) Now with a 27" tire, run a 3.07 gear in 5th for 225 MPH jaunt, and in 6th
for a 248 MPH blast.

3) Also with a 26" tire, run a 3.0 gear for 223MPH, and in 6th for a 245 MPH
pull through the lights.

This is all assuming you got the chutzpah to pull the gear.

Guess I'd go with number 2, as I think those are your M/T tires.

JB