Re: Speed Week Question

To: "DOUG ODOM" <popms@thegrid.net>, "Pope, Jeff"
Subject: Re: Speed Week Question
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:23:18 -0700
Jeff & list.
Add on to the remarks by Dan & Doug. No vehicles are allowed out of the pits
until all safety personnel and the operating staff have a short  meeting and
are on post. This takes about 45 minutes. The short course is opened first
for qualifying. The long course opens a little later. We run till about 630
700pm. The pit gate is closed at a preset time to allow for the line to run
out. There is a staff of officials that come around and clear the pit area.
No one is allowed to stay on the salt at night time.
Glen