Speed Week Question

To: land speed <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speed Week Question
From: "Pope, Jeff" <Jeff.Pope@HSV.Boeing.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:45:46 -0500
Hello,
I am interested in attending Speed Week this year for the first time and I
will be a spectator.
I have checked into the Hotel, Airline tickets, and rental car deal, and I'm
getting that all lined up ok.

My question is what occurs on what days. I see that it is listed for Aug
10th - Aug 17th.
Is Friday Aug 10th strictly for the participants to get checked in? Are
there any passes made that day?
At what point in time does the whole deal become interesting for a spectator
and when does it stop becoming interesting?

Is this conducted anything like an NHRA race where the "Big Boys" get to go
first and then the sportsman classes run last?

I am trying to lock down the travel dates for this vacation.

Thanks to all,

Jeff