Re: Ain't Got Nooo Satis - Traction...(musically challenged)

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ain't Got Nooo Satis - Traction...(musically challenged)
From: "glen barrett" <speedtimer@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:45:43 -0700
Mayf
Regarding the salt, traction and the changing surface. After going to the
salt more years then , well since 1953 the salt surface is something that
no-one person can answer. However the weather, the surface preparation, the
thickness of the salt, exact location of the course, pressure ridges and if
some movie company decides to screw it up as they have in the past have an
effect on it.

>From what we have each year from start to finish including the shut down
area, you can find the salt to change several times. It can be wet, damp,
mushy, rutted bumpy, hard as a fake Keith Turk rock and all of it can change
several times over the length of the course. Another factor that fits in is
the wind can change directions 180 degrees in the length of the course.

The same for rain, it can be raining at the 7 mile and the sun out all along
the course. The final answer is it all effects the traction and if would
take a lot to come up with some kind of instrument to give the best results
for tuning, adding or removing weight. As Dan W. say the best control of
horse power is the drivers foot. By the way we have the same problem on the
dry lake bed.

Glen