Traction

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Traction
From: "Rick Byrnes" <Rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 22:34:26 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 8:32 PM
Subject: Ain't Got Nooo Satis - Traction...(musically challenged)

> The thread about traction is pretty interesting.

I agree with Mayf and Dave in that this thread is quite interesting and
there is certainly not much data that drives design of our machines.
I believe I remember hearing that Stagmeier and Eakers did some coastdown
tests on the salt in 88 or 89.  Does anyone know the specifics.  I was
there, but not running a car and details are a little hazy.  (crs
syndrome)....
I seem to recall a coeffecient of friction of .6???
Anyone with more info?
I will queery some of my Ford friends for specific procedures.  Most of my
old friends though are like me, no longer working for Ford.

Looking for lightness (and traction)
Rick Byrnes