Re: Lesson's in Torque

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: Lesson's in Torque
From: Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 23:28:44 -0600
Been there buddy.  Our bike stock went
157, after I got it nitrous ready I could only pull
130 max.  So there I was dealing with the pseudo
dilemma, how slow do I want to start from, normally
aspirated?  ie from stock I only needed 33 mph boost
to net 200mph, then after making the motor N20 enhanced
I needed 70mph boost, wondering which way is smartest,
ie nitrous is a brutal way to make power, so do I really want
to force myself to make  higher percentage of my power from
n2o

it has been alot of fun coming up with my own answer

I can tell you this though, the nitrous setup that netted
x amount of  mph on the non nitrous optimized motor, netted
"much" more mph on the "nitrous" motor

Joe :)