Re: Dynos

To: "Gene Halvorson" <ghalvorson@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Dynos
From: "Richard Fox" <v4gr@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:12:57 -0700
Gene; I believe Jack's dyno was a unit he picked up surplus from a local
school that decided we would no longer need trained mechanics. Computers
would do everything in the near future. It was an engine dyno when he go it.
Jack had a wheel driven dyno before and he asked me to make a little plate
that connected the new dyno to the shaft of the old one. Jack jacks up the
car, removes the rear wheels, bolts his drive on to the hub using the wheel
studs and then runs it like an engine dyno. Works pretty good, he needs a
much greater water supply, but for back to back tuning runs it is great. Or
at least alot better than nothing.   Rich Fox