Re: a weekend off?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: a weekend off?
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 10:27:18 -0700 (PDT)
I can identify with that "hot and humid" part
real well, Keith.  I've been making mounting
brackets for my nitrous tank.  I go out to the
shop, work for twenty minutes, then have to come
in and cool down.  Then I go back out, then.....
well, you get the picture.

Anyhow, got the mounts in, now have to re-wire
the headlights (required in RS class) cause I
pulled the old wires out to cut some of the core
support away to make a space for the nitrous
tank.

I'll get the timing cover buttoned back up later
this week (waiting on new timing gears), and then
get back after those front springs.  Mama's out
of town, and I'm smart enough to know that the
doc wouldn't approve of me climbing in and out
from under the car and using a floor jack and
jack stands and all that good stuff so soon after
he finished with the knife.  Mama gets home
Tuesday night, and later this week I will enlist
her help to get that final work done.

Sure wish I was heading to the salt as my
original plan had called for, but, oh well, at
least I'm up and around and will make it to
Maxton before the year ends.  Salt is a firm date
for next season though!!!

Dick J
In East Texas
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/