Re: Ain't Got Nooo Satis - Traction...--Rolling resitance

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Ain't Got Nooo Satis - Traction...--Rolling resitance
From: William T Smith <WmTSmith@landracing.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 19:29:39 -0600 (MDT)
Rolling resistance'
Med. and HD trucks have used Rolling Resistance of the
various types of pavement and surfaces in their power
computation to determine how much TQ. is needed to to
the job. I am out on the road for two weeks and dont
have info with me. wmts

PS try an old time truck salesman at a big truck
dealership

Quoting DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>:

> The thread about traction is pretty interesting.
However, I see no plan of
> attack to determine what salt taction consists of.
Before we run off and
> start gathering data, shouldn't we have some sort of
general idea about
> what
> salt traction against rubber is made of? I mean, does
the salt surface
> enter
> into it? The hardness? The wetness? ad nauseum. SOme
research is needed to
> define how traction is measured say on concrete or
asphalt. Once we know
> the
> parameters, we can attack the solution or lack there
of. It is sorta like
> rolling resistance. I surfed the net till my eyes
bled looking for good
> information on tire rolling resistance. Found nothing
of any technical
> merit. Nada, Zip. I suspect that same may be true for
traction although I
> will surf...A good literature search should be made.
Anybody out there
> still
> work for an aerospace company? Could you do a search?
Ditto for automotive
> types... Karl, you listening? I can do the math if I
ever find the
> inputs...
>
> mayf, the really ignorant desert rat in Pahrump
>
> PS...where the heck is any input on Maxton? Did
something bad happen? Why

majordomo@autox.team.net