RE: Tow Trailer set-up comments

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Tow Trailer set-up comments
From: "Smith, Simon-Pierre" <Simon-Pierre.Smith@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 09:33:33 -0700
I've always thought they should have a roadrace class for trailers.  Kinda like
NASTRUCK only they actually carry something and don't just go in circles.  Each
team gets a 4,000 lb "box" and they can make any trailer they like.  You'd see
all sorts of suspension tricks, trailer aerodynamics and brake modulation
setups.  Or trailer steering!  Sure to spin off some road safety equipment.
Imagine trying to make a braking pass with a 14 foot trailer behind you.  Servo
motor controlled hitch height?

Simon-Pierre Smith