RE: Checklists

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Checklists
From: Drylakercr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:53:16 EDT
Oh, yes, "Uncle" Dan--

We do that same warming up of the transmission and gearbox each morning
before we run. Also we make sure to take the warm-up plugs out and put in
new, check to make sure we replaced the cap to the fuel tank (yes, we once
made a run down the dirt with it on the trailer back at the pits), and we
make sure the doors are shut tight (yes, I have had one attempted run cut
short when the passenger door opened up as I shifted into 2nd).

I like your story of the Oct. cold forcing you to tow the car around to get
the trans "warmed" up. It made me think of the story my dad has told me (one
you'll know)  about going for record runs in the 256 roadster at B-ville and
the benzene had turned to Jell-O due the decreased temperature in the
morning. What fun adventures we have as we learn!

See all of you dry lake racers tomorrow--Katie (hoping for 150 Sunday) Young
Cortez