Re: MSD ignition questions

To: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Subject: Re: MSD ignition questions
From: "Mike D MEIERLE" <mike.d.meierle@alcatel.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:14:45 -0700
Tom,
Thank you, a BIG help. I was getting confused with the reluctor etc... Vendor
websites tend to describe products, not applications.
The 6 series are the one I was looking at. I found a crank trigger wiring
diagram
(I'm better with pictures) that helped a little but still did not explain the
distributor's job (greyed out, like you didn't need it). Your explanation clears
that up.

Mike M.

"Thomas E. Bryant" wrote:

> Mike,
>
> I have been running the MSD system for several years with good results.
> I first got a 6A and ran a converted stock distributor. Later, I
> upgraded to the Digital 6 (6AL I believe) it has adjustable retards and
> rev limiters and a MSD Distributor. Although I am running a distributor
> system at present,  I certainly believe in the crank trigger setup. I

 (the rest deleted to save space)
--
Michael Meierle
Alcatel Carrier Internetworking Division