Re: barometric pressure, Psychometrics

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <RACE427@aol.com>
Subject: Re: barometric pressure, Psychometrics
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 09:30:12 -0700
List,
I have been a long time Student and Teacher of the Psychometric Chart. The
Chart shows various relationships of the properties of air and is based on
standard barometric pressure, 29.921 inches of mercury. As Barometric
Pressure changes, besides obvious air density changes, non-linear changes
take place including the molecular ratio of water to air particles and
pressures. In 1989, I (not boasting) obtained a US patent on controlling
moisture levels in an enclosed space based on changes in Barometric
Pressure. You can get a feel for this by looking at a slide show I did at my
old controls company Techtrol, since I'm  gone now no one has kept up the
web site, but take a look at
http://www.techtrol.com/psycho/index_files/frame.htm
I have no doubt that BP has affects to what takes place in that combustion
chamber and weather it's carburetors, EFI or Blown, there's going to be a
difference. One thing to remember, changes in altitude reflect changes in
BP, but BP can change dramatically from day to day but also quickly from day
to night.

My wife has been away on vacation and I pick her up at noon at the airport.
Obviously nothing to do today except write to the list, oh yeah, frantically
clean the house, be on time and pretend like I don't want to work on the car
at all today.
Grib