Re: Two steps forward one step back

To: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>,
Subject: Re: Two steps forward one step back
From: "rgribble" <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 08:59:29 -0700
Jim,
We all have days like that and that's what make a good day so spectacular.
Tomorrow will be better.
Pretty quite on the List today so I'll give an update on the TBird.
Got tranny rebuilt and installed (blew it up at Maxton), Found out I had the
wrong spacer below the Carb but had to change it to a 1/2" thickness anyway
(cause of the new NOS plate) so I fab'd a new one and matched it to the
intake, (It's nice having a Bridgeport in the shop) Changed steering box to
20:1, Changed headers to Tri-Wyes ( 4 to 2 to 1), Modified fuel pump system.
and fixed grounding system, Installed extremely large radiator (6 gal.+ a
really BIG Momma!), Install(ing) 20 lb 250HP NOS System, Got new Tach to
install, Fabricated and installed 1/4" flywheel shield (NASCAR doesn't use a
flywheel shield, they use a rubber pad mounted on the sheetmetal above the
bellhousing), Having new (downleg) Carb built and expect it to flow 1100+
CFM, Still have to weld the Dzus Fasteners on a couple sets of wheels for
the tire tests. I'm bringing my regular Talladega tires, a set of grooved
rears and a complete set of NASCAR rain tires. Really having problems with
the front tire situation. Wanted a set of G24 short track for the front but
Goodyear won't sell me any cause it's Bonneville. I think I'll try out West.
My to-do list keeps getting longer so I still have a lot to get done let
alone packing up the truck & trailer. Seems like I need 3 more weeks to get
ready.
All this to do and the darn customers keep interrupting. Am I crazy just to
see how fast this Bird will go? YES!
Grib