Re: The color of Salt

To: rgribble <rgribble@carolina.rr.com>, DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: The color of Salt
From: wspotter <wester6935@home.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:21:13 -0700
Grib,

It's unfortunate but we have missed the time on white cars in the past
because the lights don't get tripped properly.  You might want to put a very
wide stripe ... eighteen inches or so just in case.  Remember the lights are
just 9" or so off the salt.  The BMW Streamliner from Virginia ... Steve
Peiper I think the name was ... is the most prominent one I remember.  That
was probably a 350 mph run and not only didn't he trip all the clocks, he
missed deploying the chute and the turnoff for the catch net and ended up in
18 inches of water at a break in the dike. They re-built the dike so the
hole and pond aren't there any more.

Wes