Re: Good News; Paul Newman

To: RAWAWA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Good News; Paul Newman
From: "Doug Anderson" <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 16:31:15 +0000
way cool.   ....one of my long time "Heros"

Yas know what I especially like ?  -the fact that the guy is not only "real"
(in a sea of Hollywood phonies ) but that he gives lots of his own money for
support of critically ill children in the form of his Hole in the Wall
camps. I have no idea of how many there are but I know there are quite a
few.

  The one I am most aware of are in Luzerne, NY in the Adirondacks. I think
there are also some out west (in Utah ?? -and in Conn  ??) as well. I
believe that all Funds from the sale of his Salsa and other food products
goes toward these efforts-Quietly.  THAT is class ladies and Gentlemen.....
That's the thing about the man; he really does not make a big deal about
going after publicity and noteriety.  Rather, he seems to like going about
his life quietly  behind the scenes-and with modesty..  How refreshing,...

-AND he's a Racer;-"one of us"!

>From what I have been able to learn, Terminally ill children and their
parents spend two weeks at these camps completely free of charge....

Viva la Cool Hand Luke!      -"Dirty Doug", in exile, in NuYaWK

From: RAWAWA@aol.com
To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Good News
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:18:49 EDT

I just got back from a day trip to Lime Rock Park,a road racing facility in
Connecticut and thought i'd share an encouraging experience with you all. I
was there for the "Porsche Re-union",which featured a terrific gathering of
both cars and drivers,some 30 year old cars and famous Porsche drivers of
the past. Long story short,Paul Newman,at like 70 years old, IS cool hand
Luke !

He drove a Brumos prepared 914 and would have won in a nice pass on the last
lap but for a 911 that spun out in front of him,which he promptly t-boned at
about 70 mph. He got out,checked on the other driver,then his car,then got a
ride back to the pits,apparently no worse for wear. If this guy can can
compete at his age on a circuit with other drivers,we sure can go in a
straight line by ourselves for  a long while,right ?

...Bob ,forever young ?, Wanner